“SUGAR IN THE MORNING.”
Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at supper time. How the hell can I get out of my life? I know we need sugar in our diet but we can find it in our natural foods like fruit and vegetables. A little bit of everything is good for you. Sugar is one thing that we all find hardest to cut back on. If I could only cut back on sugar I would be able to concentrate better on all my projects. Because of my age 74 years I do not need the amount I have with my meals so how do I go about it?
Well first up in the mornings I have a glass of water. For my breakfast I have my own idea of a sugar less bowl of muesli with nuts and seeds. In a large container I add a packet of plain muesli then I add a packet of oat bran, and a packet of quality mixed nuts and seeds. I mix them all up and sometimes I add a packet of mixed dried chopped up fruit but not very often as they may have sugar added. Must cut that one out altogether. I only add plain milk and nothing else.
Morning tea is a cup of black tea with reduced sugar each day until I can cope with nil sugar. Nothing to eat until midday.
Midday is one apple, two bananas, three dried dates and some other fruit if available. Because we have a habit of wanting to go back to fast foods and sweets, we need to give ourselves a treat now and then as it will stop us from discarding the diet we are on by having a small cake, slice or biscuit. We can cope with the odd treat by getting outside and doing anything that will burn off the sugar treat. Plenty of water is the lunchtime drink.
Afternoon is only a cup of tea.
My meal at night is what my wife gives me as long as it is a cutback on the past. No sweets at all any time. One alcoholic drink only. Drink only water until bedtime. If you want a snack make it an orange or any fruit nothing else. If there is an urge for anything else during the day then make it a boiled egg or quality unsalted nuts. Cut out all breads, sauces, juices and fizzy drinks. If you cut out everything in the supermarkets with sugar in them there would not be anything to buy. Most packaged food in the supermarket has sugar in it. It takes a long time to put on any weight and it takes just as long to lose it, so do not be negative be positive and persistent in your endeavours. If I am at a party or function I do not hold back as it is my treat for sticking to a diet as long as it does not become a habit.
for your time, Tom Short.
…………………………………Laughter is the best medicine,
Please note… they are all numbered ‘1’ ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports: It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Crying is blackmail, and witchcraft.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one! Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have NO idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say ‘nothing,’ We will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine…Really!
1. Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as Football or golf.